Who is Josiah Walls? Hiram Rhodes Revels? Or Joseph Rainey?
Don’t know, neither did we. I am an Elementary School teacher and I had to learn myself. By using a variety of sources -un other than text-books, I found out who these historical figures were.-and what happened to their legacy throughout history.
- To show how racism has existed in the Democratic Party
- To show how history was rewritten to avoid truth where it may lie
- To Eradicate Racism as a whole
- To teach that all colors, nationality, religions and what not are accepted.
Listen to Radio show on 11/29/16 9pm Eastern time -have students call in and ask a question 6469158117. Click HERE TO LISTEN.
Hosts: Doreen Finkle, Reuben Torres, Luther mays Guets Barbara From Harlem
- Have students google the names Josiah Walls, Hiram Rhodes Revels, and Joseph Rainey
- Have them write a biography on each and and speak on them
- Write a short essay on how the KKK got started – minimum of 500 words, how and why the were members of the Democratic Party
- Write a narrative on how the Blacks have switched from republican to Democrat (include time period and why)
- Complete a book report on the 1964 Civil Rights Act, (include, who singed it, what political Party, and the roll of Lyndon B. Johnson. Include what was meant when Johnson said ” I will have those niggers voting for Democrats for years.
The Armenian GenocideThis is a 3 part documentary done in conjunction with Kean University Holocaust Center and featuring keynote Speaker Virginia Apelian; author of Musa Dagh Girl. This daughter of Armenian Genocide survivors relates details of the deportations, concentration camps and massacres of the Turkish empire's Armenian citizens in 1915.
- Have students interview a local congressman on the 1964 Civil Rights Legislation Act.
- Write a short essay on why Black History has been re- written in the curriculum.
- Write a short skit Entitled ” Life and Times Under Harriet Tubman.”
- Make a flyer entitled “True American Black History ” and distribute it to friends, family and co workers.
Complete Crossword WORD SEARCH