Count Down Till Show Time
Ruben Navarette Jr is spicing up the world of commentary these days and will be joining us tonite 9pm eastern to give his take on Immigration, Education, Healthcare, Jobs/Economy.
RADIO CALL IN 6469158117 OR LISTEN BY CLICKING HERE:
- Member of the USA Today Board of Contributors
- Nationally syndicated columnist with The Washington Post Writers Group
- Regular commentator on National Public Radio’s “Tell Me More With Michel Martin”
- Weekly commentator for CNN.COM
- Author of “A Darker Shade of Crimson: Odyssey of a Harvard Chicano” (Bantam, 1993)
- Graduate of Harvard College and Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government BACKGROUND Ruben is a popular speaker on the lecture circuit and a frequent guest on national television and radio shows. He is a fresh and increasingly important voice in the national political debate. His twice-weekly column offers new thinking on many of the major issues of the day, especially on thorny questions involving ethnicity and national origin. His column is syndicated worldwide by The Washington Post Writers Group. He is also a member of the USA Today Board of Contributors.After graduating from Harvard in 1990, Navarrette returned to his native Fresno, Calif., where he began a free-lance writing career that produced more than 200 articles in such publications as the Los Angeles Times, The Fresno Bee, the Chicago Tribune and The Arizona Republic.In 1997 he joined the staff of The Arizona Republic, first as a reporter and then as a twice-weekly columnist, before returning to Harvard in the fall of 1999 to earn a master’s in public administration from the Kennedy School of Government. He joined the editorial board of The Dallas Morning News in July 2000, and in 2005, moved to the San Diego Union-Tribune. His column has been in syndication since 2001.Navarrette draws on both his knowledge of policy and politics and his life experiences to provide meaningful and hard-hitting commentary. He is a gifted and widely sought speaker on Latino affairs, has worked as a substitute teacher in classes from kindergarten to high school, and has hosted radio talk shows. Navarrette has also served as guest host of public television’s “Life & Times” and has discussed current affairs on CNN, CNBC, Fox News Channel, National Public Radio and The PBS Newshour with Jim Lehrer. He also does regular commentary for NPR’s “Morning Edition.”His book, “A Darker Shade of Crimson: Odyssey of a Harvard Chicano,” drew favorable reviews after it was published in 1993. In 2000, he contributed an installment to “Chicken Soup for the Writer’s Soul,” of the best-selling “Chicken Soup for the Soul” series.
His columns won second place in the 2004 National Headliner Awards presented by the Press Club of Atlantic City. In 2002 and 2003, the Dallas Observer named him “Best Columnist at a Daily Newspaper.” For more information on Ruben go HERE